♠ Could really use some advice: Making the Big Decision


Time is ticking, Popcorn is turning 7 months in a week’s time which means this is a crucial period to decide if Poppy should go through with the sterilization procedure.

What are your thoughts? Did your fur kids go through with it?

My two main concerns:

(1) I’m worried about the health risks involved throughout the recovery period (e.g. infection)

(2) The breeder said toy dogs could die on the table (o.o!)

…. yet a part of me wishes to see baby Popcorns running around the house.

What should i do? Time is running out! Most veterinarians say it is best to perform the procedure before female dogs go through their first period.


Some links discussing the pros and cons of sterilization:




http://yourownvet.com/?tag=animal-health-sterilizing-pets (Upsetting photos in this website) 


Things running through my mind:

I’m concerned that the decision to not sterilize my pet seems to relate to health issues in the future. Do i really want to risk Popcorn’s health for the chance to have Popcorn babies? As for mating.. would we be able to find a suitable mate for Poppy, and provide her with the opportunity to mate at least twice yearly? And would mommy even accept Popcorn babies… Also lastly, my biggest concern. Would something terrible happen to Popcorn on the operating table?

I would love to hear your thoughts about this. :) It would really help. Thanks abundance :)